Sunday, June 14, 2015

May 31st day two

knocking off 7 hours as you head west always seems to leave me awake by about 03:00 the following day so by first light I was out and looking for a good birding spot around Lethbridge; the rain had cleared and it was warm and the sun came up into a clear sky-- after 30 minutes I realised that I was seriously lost and had left the sat nav in the hotel -- asking a young lady in a pick up where the hotel was she quickly realised I knew nothing of left on 6th and right on such and such a trail so very kindly she drove back to the hotel with me following! it was still early so I headed south to a lake noted the previous evening south of the town where there were Cinnamon teal, Blue-winged Teal, Redhead, a Common Loon and the usual Red-winged Blackbirds that demanded attention; a bit further down the road fence posts held Common Grackles and two displaying Wilson's Snipe in beautiful light -- back for breakfast and a long day in prospect -- 











No comments: